Please format your manuscripts according to the Chicago Style Manual.
- Format your manuscript as simply as possible (Cambria or Times New Roman, 12 pt, 1.25″ margins).
- Double-space throughout, including extracted quotes.
- Paragraphs are indented, i.e. use tab, not spacebar, to begin each paragraph.
- Punctuation that follows an italicized or underlined word should also be italicized and/or underlined.
- Use English (not American) spelling.
- Italicise foreign words and phrases with the translation in parentheses, i.e., Je sais bien mais quand même… (I know very well, but nevertheless).
- Indicate special characters and other foreign symbols/letters (i.e., ‘Ž’), etc. in bold, and make a list of special characters at the end of your chapter.
- Em-dashes should be typed as two hyphens with no space on either side.
- Use double quotation marks for quotes not longer than four lines, single quotation marks for quotes within quotes.
- Quotations that are longer than four lines are indented with no double quotation marks necessary.
- Please provide intext referencing in endnotes.
- If your manuscript contains figures or diagrams, please supply these as separate attachments.
Also include a list of works cited at the end of the manuscript. Please see reference list example:
Lacan, J. The Seminar of Jacques Lacan, Book VII, The Ethics of Psychoaalysis. Edited by J-A Millar. Translated by D Porter. Routledge, 1992.
Mellard, J. “Lacan and the New Lacanians: Josephine’s Hart’s Damage, Lacanian Tragedy and the Ethcis of Jouissance.” Modern Language Association 113, no. 3 (1998): 395-407.
Žižek, S. “Introduction: The Spectre of Ideology.” In Mapping Ideology, by S Žižek, 1-34. London and New York: Verso, 1994.
—. The Sublime Object of Ideology. London: Verso, 1989.
Žižek, S, E Wright, and E Wright. “Fantasy as Political Category: A Lacanian Approach.” In The Žižek Reader, by S Žižek, E Wright and E Wright, 87-101. Oxford: Blackwell, 1999.
We encourage open word quotas with an abstract of 300-500 words as well as up to eight key words. Following this, could all authors please include a brief biography of 200-400 words.
We also invite book reviews and the format for these is the same as for manuscripts above.
Please ensure that written permission has been granted for any images used.
All manuscripts undergo a peer review process. Review suggestions and feedback will be given to the author if the manuscript is accepted for publication.